We are a growing, high-tech automated equipment and robotics manufacturer with a collaborative team company culture. We are looking for a talented mechanical engineer with 3D modeling software, robotics and automated systems experience. Our employees are impressed with the talented team and high-tech equipment we develop, and our customers say our service is second to none.
Reasons to work for this company:
Reasons to relocate to Greensboro:
- Design, and develop high-tech automated, robotic systems
- Considerable growth over the years
- Joining a collaborative team of talented technical professionals
- Generous benefits package including 401K, Employee stock ownership, medical coverage for employee and dependents
- Greensboro is beautiful and large enough to get anything you need, but small enough to feel like you are part of a community.
- Living in Greensboro you will have the opportunity to visit the mountains and the beach all in one weekend.
- Schools are ranked high
- You will experience all four seasons as a part of Greensboro climate, however winter is very mild.
- The city has over 90 miles of hiking, walking and biking trails
- Easy to drive to all the major cities in North Carolina
In this role you will provide mechanical engineering leadership for projects as well as testing and installation support.
You will perform best in this role if you possess the following:
- Conceptualizes and designs highly complex automatic machines, robotic cells and material handling systems, including development and checking of technical specifications, drawings and bills of material. Assignments require creativity, initiative and good engineering judgement.
- Manages the scope of work for mechanical design on projects, including planning, supervising and verifying the work of other engineers and designers to ensure effective performance of the work.
- Provides leadership and direction in technical risk evaluation, functional decomposition and interface management to design team. Provides technical expertise in automation and equipment engineering practices.
- Ensures commitments on projects are met including cost, schedule, function, performance, serviceability, and appearance. Delivers complete and accurate designs within the allotted time.
- Leads design reviews to evaluate: functional and regulatory requirements, error budget development, tolerance analysis, sub-assembly decomposition, manufacturability, material specifications, bills of material development including use of standard components, and validation processes. Experienced with DFMA product development techniques.
- Supports sales activities including initial customer meetings, design conceptualization, hours estimating and quote generation. Develops and maintains positive customer relations and works to identify additional sales opportunities.
- Creates 3D part/assembly models and detail drawings for manufacture per design best practices using Solidworks®.
- Working knowledge of Inventor®, AutoCAD®, and other CAD software a plus.
- BS degree in Engineering
- 10+ years of experience with automation, solid modeling design, project development, and risk management skills.
- 3D modeling and automation systems design experience
- Experience with material selection, fabrication and machining processes used for making components.
- Ability to perform tolerance and finite element analysis on components and assemblies.