A Fortune 500 company that manufactures tens of thousands of products globally is looking to bring on talented controls engineers in Brookings, SD. Our client has been successful for over 100 years and employs an exceptionally talented team of engineers.
Reasons to work for this company:
- Excellent and comprehensive benefits package!
- Very low travel requirements!
- Opportunity to work for a large, corporate Fortune 500 company
- Lead, manage and execute projects, with opportunities to grow with the company.
- Experience a collaborative, team focused and cooperative company culture.
You will be responsible for providing effective control system solutions for a wide variety of new or existing automated process equipment designed to manufacture products in support of Medical Solutions Division. Specific responsibilities include the specification, design, integration, and start-up of control technologies. These control technologies include motion control, human machine interface, PID and PLC control, drives, sensors, and measurement devices.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following
- Control systems architecture scope development and design
- Control systems cost estimating and schedule development
- Hardware purchasing
- Engineering drawing development, including P&ID’s,
- PLC/HMI programming
- Systems integration
- Machine commissioning, start up, and check-out
- Assist in the implementation of site specific safety programs
- Possess a Bachelor degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- 3+ years of experience with control system design and commissioning in a private, public, government, or military environment
- Experience with Allen-Bradley and/or Siemens controls systems and hardware
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Team player with the ability to contribute in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated project leadership skills
*Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
*Client is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply