Become part of a team of highly skilled engineers, designers and support staff in one of their 25+ offices throughout the U.S. Our client encourages independent thought and innovative ideas, as well as personal and professional growth. Each office is part of the corporation as whole, however acts independently as well, bringing forth their own ideas and talents. For over thirty-seven years our client has designed and implemented and integrated engineering solutions for the commercial, industrial, and government sectors. Personal and professional satisfaction is evident with a turnover rate below the industry average.
Reasons to work for this company:
• Opportunity to get involved with challenging projects across many different industries
• Flexible schedule
• Work/Life Balance
• Comprehensive medical/dental insurance
• 401K match and Employee Stock Ownership Plan
• Excellent reputation in the industry and with their customers
This position is responsible for controls engineering project requirements involving control panel design, I&C P&ID design, PLC/HMI programming, instrumentation, check out support and start-up assistance.
- Designs, develops, and implements control system (logic software and hardware) to meet facilities and integrated system requirements.
- Develops control logic software and user interface applications.
- Will assist with initial start-up and debug of integrated systems and the development of system documentation.
- Individual will be working on automation and control system integration projects for clients in industries such as semiconductor, pulp and paper, food and beverage, etc.
- May act as lead on some projects and guide lower level engineers and technicians.
- Education - BSEE or BS in Controls Engineering or Chemical Engineering is preferred. An AA in Engineering Technology or equivalent with equivalent experience may be substituted.
- 3+ years experience in control systems, components, ladder logic programming, SCADA programming and their applications (i.e. Cimplicity, iFix, RSView, Wonderware, Iconics, etc.)
- Experience with instrumentation and controls design as well as PLC programming (i.e. Allen- Bradley, GE, Modicon, Siemens) and/or SCADA required. Experience with AutoCAD is also desired.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.