Become part of a team of highly skilled engineers, designers and support staff in a company with 30 offices throughout the U.S. Our client encourages independent thought and innovative ideas, as well as personal and professional growth. Each office is part of the corporation as whole, however acts independently as well, bringing forth their own ideas and talents. For over 35 years our client has designed and implemented engineering solutions for the commercial, industrial, and government sectors. Personal and professional satisfaction is evident with a turnover rate below the industry average.
The Senior Project Engineer is responsible for controls engineering involving control panel design, PLC programming, instrumentation, checkout support and start-up assistance.
This position may be responsible for the implementation of conceptual design and technical review of projects. This includes both internal design efforts and client reviews.
- Designs, develops, and implements control system (logic software and hardware) to meet machine and integrated system requirements.
- Develops control logic software and user interface applications.
- Develops schematics detailing control system configuration and wiring, and design equipment panel layouts on AutoCAD software.
- Design network architecture for control systems to interface with multiple communication protocols
- Develop procedural documentation for instrumentation and hardware configurations
- Write operational philosophy and sequence of operation documents for control system implementation
- Will assist with initial start-up and debug integrated systems and the development of system documentation.
- Individual will be working on automation and control system integration projects for clients in industries such as food and beverage, wood, or grain facilities.
- May act as lead on some projects and guide junior engineers and technicians.
- Education – A Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical/Control Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Computer Science is preferred. An AA in Engineering Technology or equivalent with equivalent experience may be substituted.
- Technical Experience – Greater than 10 years of experience with a proven track record in the areas below:
- Experience in one or more of the following industries: Food and Beverage, Oil & Gas, Wood or Grain.
- Experience in the design of electrical schematics, including power distribution, control panels and associated NEC references
- Experience with PLC ladder logic and function block programming (i.e. Rockwell Automation, Modicon, Siemens) are required
- Experience with SCADA programming, scripting, and their applications (i.e. Cimplicity, Wonderware, Intellution, Rockwell Automation) are required
- Ability to configure numerous types of electronic overloads, VFD’s, and Servos Knowledge in Databases, SQL, Scripting, Historian and Virtual Machines
- Experience with AutoCAD and ability to navigate 3D models Experience mentoring less experienced engineers