Our client is a Capital Equipment Manufacturer. The company is at the stage where they’re beginning the design of a new generation of products. This organization has made recent acquisitions and organizational changes in order to position them as an industry leader.
Why work here:
Highlights of living in York, PA:
- Privately-owned company that has been producing quality equipment for more than 50 years!
- Competitive base salary, bonus potential.
- 401k match, solid benefits and a pension plan.
- Known for being a great place to raise a family; with reasonable cost of living, quality schools and a strong local economy
- An historical area with an exciting downtown area that provides family entertainment, as well as many outdoor activities.
- Area attractions include: The Arts & Dining district in Downtown York, fantastic golf courses, over a dozen State & County Parks, several area wineries & microbreweries, museums, historical sites, and factory tours of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.
- Analyze machinery and extrusion specifications and performance requirements for new and/or pre-existing machinery
- Develop and implement PC-based control system solutions.
- Apply the latest machine control technology to new and existing equipment. Provide engineering design services and assist in creating conceptual designs. Help prepare specifications for new development projects.
- Visit customer sites and evaluate machinery for retrofits and upgrades.
- Create schematics, detail drawings, assemblies, sub-assemblies, BOM’s and layouts, using AutoCAD.
- Support installation and/or commissioning of new and retrofit equipment.
- Program logical machine functions using an IEC61131 program language and design HMI interface using a combination of visual Basic and canned HMI tools.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering strongly preferred, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of machine control design experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of IEC61131 programming languages including ladder, structured text and function blocks. Experience with PC-based (soft-PLC) systems a plus.
- Experience with the design and implementation of HMI software.
- Strong understanding of mechanical design and how it relates to electrical/control system design desirable.