Established company in the Las Vegas area needs a Controls Engineer to design and improve automated equipment. This minerals based company caters to many industries thereby making it economically stable.
Why join this company?:
- Caters to numerous industries providing for stability and growth!
- Established company in business over 50 years!
- Excellent benefits; health, dental, vision, life, 401k and paid vacation!
- Laptop, phone, company credit card for expenses provided!
- Telecommuting and compressed workweek options!
- 50 plants in the US and CN so plenty of upgrades and new systems to keep you busy!
- Close proximity to Lake Mead and Las Vegas!
- Work with engineers, maintenance, quality and operations to design and implement improvements in controls and equipment.
- Support and lead automation upgrades and implement corporate process control strategies.
- Assist in coordination and oversight, completion, implementation of plant process control network and automation projects.
- Support design, program, specify, purchase and oversee installation of electrical systems several plants
- Programming and documentation PLC's (Allen-Bradley ControlLogix preferred) and I/O.
- Support maintenance and programming of Wonderware Intouch/ArchestrA, Wonderware Historian, and create documentation, standards, and instructions for Wonderware Software.
Training and Development:
- Develop yourself as a positive student that participates in cross-functional communication between production and engineering teams.
- Drive culture change of the plants from reactive to pro-active in their approach to asset management and reliability.
- Provide feedback to direct managers and supervisors of those managed through projects.
- Knowledge of ControlLogix family of PLC system design and demonstrated capabilities with computers, Allen-Bradley VFD’s, Wonderware systems, process instrumentation, Advanced Process Control software, and Ethernet networks.
- Experience with Allen Bradley, ControlLogix, ArchestrA, System Platform, Historian, AutoCAD, MS SQL, and other Microsoft Application software.
- Must be able perform advanced mathematical calculations.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Effective oral, written, and spoken communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Able to read, write, and interpret documents such as work orders, safety rules, standard operating procedures, electrical drawings, maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.