An Sr. Project Engineer with Instrumentation and Controls and experience in the water/wastewater industry is needed to help design state-of-the-art facilities that treat, preserve and conserve the earth’s finite water resources and optimize existing infrastructure and resources.
Why work here?:
- Stable and thriving consulting engineering firm for over 40 years!
- Be a part of the I&C team to help design new state-of-the-art facilities!
- Team-based culture!
- Earn stock in this employee-owned company!
- Excellent benefits!
- Low travel, less that 10%!
- Fun company culture that enjoys giving back to the community
- Senior technical expert for instrumentation & controls/SCADA design and implementation projects
- Conducts preliminary process evaluations, develops SCADA architecture concepts, prepares specifications, reports and I & C designs for industrial systems
- Communicates directly with client project representatives
- Supports project resources to achieve project objectives
- Interfaces with project, construction and client managers, process, civil, mechanical and electrical design engineers
- Understand and implement I&C/SCADA communications systems such as Ethernet based local area networks and wireless radio systems
- Performs or has performed PLC programming and/or HMI programming
- Performs or has performed system startup and commission
- Performs or has performed client training
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent (related field)
- Must have Florida PE license or can obtain one quickly
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the water and wastewater or similar field
- Experience with engineering, design and programming SCADA systems
- Self-motivated and managed, detailed and process-oriented individual with strong technical skills and good interpersonal team skills
- Experience managing projects including schedule, scope, technical, quality and financial success
- Solid communicator, able to communicate and work directly with end users of the client to complete design and/or implementation
- Knowledgeable of industry standard PLC and HMI system implementation and programming
- Experienced in AutoCAD
- Able to complete work consistently, with the flexibility to accommodate varying demands put on them by project managers, owners, vendors and contractors
- Must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Criminal background check, driving record check, and drug screen is part of eligibility process