The Automation Engineer I will design and program high performance automated process equipment used in manufacturing and laboratory automation systems. These systems include robotics automation, assembly and/or inspection systems for automated reagent dispensing systems, micro-plate test kits and micro-fluidic assay cartridges used in the bio-defense, clinical, and life-science markets.
Why work here:
- Design one-of-a-kind, very advanced, automated lab diagnostic equipment
- growing company that is gearing up to sell specialized equipment
- lots of room for growth
- excellent compensation and benefits, relocation assistance
- NO TRAVEL
- Closely work with cross-functional teams to support the needs of new product development programs and expand the capacity of existing manufacturing lines through automation.
- Configure, validate and troubleshoot automation system hardware.
- Provide equipment support to the consumables manufacturing group and the assay development group.
- Design and build automated assembly and process equipment.
- Design and build fixtures for manufacturing and assay development.
- Interact with outside vendors to source equipment and components
- Support new product development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical, Mechanical, or Systems Engineering is required or at least 3 years experience in automation equipment design, design for manufacturing and assembly
- Experience with 3D CAD (preferably SolidWorks) modeling is required.
- Prior experience in specifying, selecting and integrating assembly, process control and inspection instrumentation such as industrial robots, PLCs, machine vision, and digital and analog sensors is desirable.
- Experience in a cGMP, ISO or other regulated production environment is a plus.