needed for established thriving OEM in the Evansville area. The Applications Engineer
works with sales and customers to develop concepts for automated assembly and test equipment. Once a concept is developed, the Applications Engineer will research requirements, determine estimated costs and write a customer quotation.
Why work here?:
- Growing established business of over 50 years!
- Excellent compensation and 401k matching!
- Flexible hours!
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal days!
- Great benefits and low premiums on health insurance!
- Fun quarterly company-wide events!
- In-house technical training
- Travel to customer location to review processes and discuss automation requirements
- Review customer specifications relative to specific or unique requirements for equipment
- Brainstorm/review with engineering to develop concepts and equipment layouts
- Research major purchase components to determine specifications and generate RFQ’s to determine supplier and component costs
- Develop time cycle charts to verify requirements for each process step, including estimated build time and component costs
- Write customer quote to describe equipment functions and pricing
- Obtain approvals from management and sales relative to pricing and delivery, and when completed, send final quote to customer
- Set-up new project release folders for purchase orders when received
- Attend project “kick-off” meetings for new projects
- Attend project team meetings for quoted projects
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Project Management certification preferred
- Minimum five (5) years of manufacturing experience, preferably in automation industry
- Minimum five (5) years of project management experience required
- Ability to read blueprints