Our client is a global company with over 22,000 employees. They operate shipping container terminals and ports around the world. To continue to improve supply chain efficiency, flexibility and dependability they are modernizing (automating) many of their terminals. The company offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best.
Based in Charlotte, NC the Automation Program is a global function which targets to deliver business value through transformation and optimization projects (modernization) which deploy technology and techniques to modernize and automate specific processes or entire operations.
The Performance Management Team will focus on managing the company’s ability to deliver business value in alignment with the main value drivers proposed in business cases and business plans. At the same time, they also need to improve internally as a team, so the ability to identify opportunities, define new business cases and deliver business value through multiple projects is a must.
The Program Performance Manager is mainly focused on business value streams and defining and managing KPI trees for projects involved in shipping container terminal modernization in order to proactively manage the implementation of the business plan. Automation skills are not required for this position.
- Drives operational technology, business behavioral, and process changes in respective processes.
- Responsible for process reengineering and implementation of transformational initiatives within specific processes with the aim of achieving impressive improvements in critical performance measures, such as cost, quality, service and speed through teams.
- Sets key performance indicators for functional processes and projects. Monitor and optimize existing processes and drive strategic initiatives to help meet the business objectives.
- Focused on enhancing business performance through industry analysis, target setting, trend and opportunity identification, process optimization and business improvement interventions.
Overall responsibilities include:
- Contributes through effectively leading and mentoring the transformation/project teams on the various initiatives.
- Leads optimization and end-to-end transformation initiatives.
- Reviews implementation of key projects, assesses implementation of proposed plans, and valuates success.
- Defines and develops service standards, enhances methodologies, drives process standardization, identifies proper tools supporting the business, and creates/maintains knowledge repositories.
- Provides excellent stakeholder management for business partners in the business environment, creates value proposition, and acts as a business consultant.
- Owns the change management exercise at the time of implementation.
- Acts as the governing body for process control.
- Undertakes industry bench-marking analysis and shares best practices.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Education – MBA or Master’s in Finance, Supply Chain Management or similar, executive leadership program.
- Experience - Minimum 5 years of relevant Operational and Financial, and Performance Management experience.
- The ideal candidate should have managed performance of multiple business units with clear responsibility on achieving business objectives, ideally in a port environment.