Opportunity to work from your home office in the Twin Cities and travel up to 20% Established company looking for a talented Controls Engineer to program and implement PLC/HMI based control systems and work with process concepts and industrial communication networks. Ability to read schematics and work on projects within different industries. This requires travel within ND, SD and MN with some overnight stays typically no more than 20%.
Some of the things I like about this job:
- there is a lot of variety, no day is the same!
- company allows for a flexible schedule
- they pay over time and for travel time!
- reasonable amount of travel
- great group of people to work with!
- good pay and benefits!
The position requires a great deal of flexibility to work with a variety of applications in a variety of industries and to be able to quickly understand the systems’ function. The Controls Engineer will work with Systems Architects to program systems that will meet the functional requirements and test the programs. They will also work with Field Service Technicians during project startups, requiring some travel.
- BS degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or 2 year associate degree in Electrical or Electronic Technology or related field
- Minimum 2 years experience with control systems or automation
- Mechanically and electrically inclined
- Excellent analytical skills for visualization and problem solving
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Competent oral and written communication skills
- Enjoys giving excellent customer service
- Ability to produce quality work despite constantly changing priorities
- Thinks using a cell phone to control an entire manufacturing line is pretty cool
- Write structured, well-documented, error-free PLC programming code in any of the 5 IEC standard languages, which includes ladder diagram, function block diagram, structured text, instruction list and sequential function chart, to automate system tasks using Allen Bradley, Schneider Electric and/or GE equipment
- Design intuitive, professional, easy-to-navigate, aesthetically pleasing HMI interfaces using Rockwell FactoryTalk View, Wonderware, and/or GE Proficy software
- Program reports in Excel, Access or other software
- Work with other project team members as needed to successfully share programming responsibilities as required.
- Thoroughly test programs through Factory Acceptance Testing
- Provide off-site support for Field Service Technicians and existing systems
- Provide on-site system commissioning support as required.
- Maintain a current technical skill-set