This is a great opportunity to grow your career in automation managing a controls group! Work in the food industry with a successful and growing company! Enjoy working in the automation industry and not have to worry about traveling! Low cost of living area just outside of New Orleans. Great benefits and relocation assistance is offered for this position! 1st shift supervising a group of 10-12 maintenance technicians!
The Electrical and Controls Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for assisting in the supervision of high speed electrical packaging equipment including Fanuc robot cells, palletizers, Orion sheet dispensers and top sheet dispensers.
- The position also supervises electrical packaging employees in an unionized environment.
• Instructs personnel in the proper performance of their duties as required
• Maintains, repairs adjusts and operates 10 palletizers including all allied electrical and mechanical systems
• Responsible for the troubleshooting and repairs for all related packaging machine problems with competent speed and accuracy
• Maintains repairs and adjusts mechanical and electrical packaging equipment
• Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, schematic drawings, and manufacturer’s instructions
• Determines materials and supplies needed to accomplish maintenance and repair
• Responsible for services and overhauls of basic machine elements such as glue pumps, gear reducers, clutches, brakes and valves
• Performs/Oversees simple metal work, use of band saws, drill press, chop saw, fabricating brackets and rails, drill and tap, extracting broken bolts etc.
• Ensures that all work is being performed in accordance with established safety procedures
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing facility
- Associates degree or higher in an industrial related field
- 4+ years Allen Bradley PLC programming experience
- Electrical skills including the understanding of 480 volt equipment and troubleshooting
- Must have ability to diagnose and correct operating issues with packaging machines and allied equipment
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Knowledge of SAP is preferred
- Must have the ability to square, lace, replace, and track all types of conveyor belts
- Should be able to align, tension, and replace all types of power transmission devices. (V-belt, sheaves, chain and sprockets, bearings)
- Must have capability of troubleshooting electronic and repairing pneumatic systems