After earning many integrator of the year awards by Control Engineering over the years, this engineering firm, in business for over 35 years, continues to grow and develop high-tech solutions for their customers. Employees describe their work as interesting, challenging, unique and rewarding. The variety of work that this company takes on is astounding; the clients and the projects are vast, and the experience gained is priceless. People feel good about working for the company and feel they are truly part of a team.
Reasons you will love working here:
- Successful company for over 35 years!
- Flexible schedule, management understands the need to balance life and work.
- Competitive compensation package which includes paid OT.
- You are afforded to opportunity to work with other talented engineers that love automation and take pride in developing automation & controls solutions for their customers.
As the Industrial Network Specialist your technical responsibilities include development, implementation, configuration and support. You are also responsible for working directly with clients to identify needs and opportunities for advanced network infrastructure. In this role it is very important for you to be very knowledgeable in an industrial process controls environment and fully understand how to program PLCs.
- Assess existing client networks
- Develop and implement plans for modifying and improving equipment, new software installation, adding or changing devices and users
- Assure technical accuracy and soundness of engineering and technical practices based on sound design criteria, specifications, and standards as related to the project requirements. Among others, this includes standards such as:
- ISA TR84.00.09
- NERC CIP
- NIST SP800-82
- Assist other engineers and technical staff in problem solving, troubleshooting, and application of industrial control devices
- Associate’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related degree is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related degree from an ABET accredited college or university is preferred
- Five to seven years of experience in control network design and security in the Industrial Process Automation industry
- Prior experience in food and beverage manufacturing, consumer packaged goods, specialty chemical, and pharmaceutical industries preferred
- Additional training and/or certification in Cisco and IMINS is strongly preferred
- Proficient knowledge of the network standards mentioned above
- Ability to travel, both locally and overnight, approximately 20-25% throughout the year