For over 15 years our client has distributed products, offered technical support and provided IT services for wired and wireless machine networking applications. The service group provides customers with designs, deploys and supports open-architecture solutions for the manufacturing floor, process control systems and municipal control markets.
This position is responsible for the technical support, technical solution and development for systems that promote the customer's ruggedized networking strategy.
***You will succeed in this role if you have industrial automation and controls background and networking experience or industrial automation and controls experience with the willingness to learn networking.
- Technical, Engineering or Computer Science degree or equivalent educational background.
- Cisco Certified Professional is preferred.
- Experience with configuration of network devices including switches, routers, firewalls, cellular modems, Ethernet radios, and server/workstations.
- Experience with networking technologies including routing protocols, IGMP, and VLAN configuration and router configurations.
- Experience with 802.11 wireless applications including bridging, routing and encryption
- Understanding of cellular networking applications including GSM, GPRS, EDVO, HSPA, HSUPA and LTE.
- Experience with onsite audits to gather information required for a recommended network design.
- Experience with industrial automation technologies such as PLC, DCS and SCADA.
- Excellent communication and collaboration with other associates.
- Proven technical writing skills for engineered solutions.
- Experience with project planning, documentation and scheduling a networking solution.
- Perform onsite project management for network equipment installation and manage team of installers to fiber a copper cabling standards.