Growing, stable and successful company, opportunity to lead a group of engineers in the Seattle area. This position focuses on desired outcomes and how best to achieve them. This company sets high standards for performance and independence and expects responsibility and accountability. Great growth and benefits for successfully completing projects and can be counted on to deliver consistent and high quality results.
- 5+ years of hands on engineering management experience
- Controls Industry experience
- Experience with budget, team development and sales support
- Project execution/PM experience
This position will manage a portfolio of automation projects ranging from $200,000 to $20 million in value from proposal development, into project kick-off and through customer acceptance. This person may have 10 or more direct reports on the project team including company engineers, subcontractors, and other members of a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Project execution to include budgets, schedule coordination and resource assignments.
- Sales support to include customer relations, proposal resource assignments and proposal reviews.
- Team development to include hiring, success planning and training to meet company objectives.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Directly supervises employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B.S.) in Engineering from a four-year college or university
- ten or more years of experience in automation & controls or manufacturing and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.