From consulting on, to engineering, delivering and to servicing high quality solutions, from small to complex in multiple industries including refinery, mining, life sciences, gas utilities & pipelines, and power, across CA, NV, AZ, NM & HI and for over 80 years, our client continues to be a leader in the industry.
Reasons to work for this company:
- Share in the successes of the company…this company has been employee owned for over 30 years!
- Excellent, comprehensive benefits package.
- Travel in Arizona
- Company is a partner of one of the largest manufacturers of industrial products.
The Automation Engineer III is responsible for development and implementation of specific control strategy, design to customer application and specification. This position requires an intimate understanding of Emerson products, for hardware and software, other products, and an in-depth knowledge of high-level computer language.
- Ensures that contractual obligations and customer’s system design and control application requirements are satisfied in a manner that will produce the maximum revenue for minimum cost, consistent with maintaining customer goodwill
- You will have the ability to design and develop, configure, and implement a control strategy and application from P&ID instrument drawings
- Implements and/or modifies DeltaV, WirelessHART, and AMS Device Manager systems
- You will work with the Projects and Automation Solutions management, Project Manager, and Project Coordinator, prepare and implement plans & schedules for automation work including: procurement, fabrication, configuration, plant site installation, system commissioning, and startup of Emerson or other control systems. Occasionally acts as Project Manager
- Oversees on-site system installations
- Coordinates sub-contractors used on projects
- Application, configuration and graphics of DCS systems skills
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of configuration and applications level software; as part of system control development or system commissioning, designs, implements or modifies control strategies to fit control application
- Completes or directs control loop and system application tuning
- Leads and supervises the work of less-senior team members
- Provides an in-depth knowledge of field I/O devices, such as pressure, flow, and temperature transmitters
- Provides systems level support assistance to other Projects and Automation Solutions group staff
- Provides and assists sales team with information regarding existing or future customer needs that may result in additional equipment, services, or engineering sales
- Provides technical, engineering or troubleshooting assistance to installed base customers
- Assists sales team in services estimation and quote preparation
- Works well under pressure: sometimes meeting multiple and conflicting deadlines
- At all times demonstrates cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors
- Occasional travel to support startup and other customer site services
- Take classes and pass exams required to achieve and maintain certifications as determined by management
- Requires a detailed knowledge of specialized control systems (i.e. boiler, batch, continuous, feedforward/feedback, cascade, theory of control)
- Team attitude and willingness to coordinate projects internally
- Able to lead a small team of engineers toward completion a common goal or project
- Excellent customer service skills
- Team attitude
- Four-year degree in engineering or extensive industry experience
- Extensive knowledge of specialized control systems processes (i.e. boiler control, batch, continuous)
- Specific implementation skills for DeltaV, WirelessHART, and AMS Device Manager
- 8+ years of experience in process control, system design and configuration of control strategy, including troubleshooting, system startup and commissioning services