From consulting on, to engineering, delivering and to servicing high quality solutions, from small to complex in multiple industries including refinery, mining, life sciences, gas utilities & pipelines, and power, across CA, NV, AZ, NM & HI and for over 80 years, our client continues to be a leader in the industry.
Reasons to work for this company:
- Share in the successes of the company…this company has been employee owned for over 30 years!
- Excellent, comprehensive benefits package.
- Primarily only local travel, so minimal overnight.
- Company is a partner of one of the largest manufacturers of industrial products.
The System Engineer is responsible for development and implementation of control strategies and design to customer application specifications. You will need to possess an advanced understanding of process control & instrumentation products for hardware/software along with an in-depth knowledge of advanced programming language and the ability to successfully work in a team environment.
Primary Duties (are not limited to):
- Ensures that customers system design and control application requirements are satisfied in a manner that will produce good financial outcomes for the customer and company.
- Requires a knowledge of specialized control systems (i.e. boiler, batch, continuous, feedforward/feedback, cascade, theory of control, validated applications)
- The Systems Engineer will have the ability to design and develop, configure, and implement a control strategy and application from P&ID instrument drawings or detailed functional specifications
- Works with the Project Manager and Project Coordinator, prepares and implements plans & schedules for automation work including: procurement, fabrication, configuration, plant site installation, system commissioning, and startup of the control systems.
- Works on-site during system installations
- Works with sub-contractors
- Designs, implements or modifies control strategies to fit process application
- Control loop and system application tuning for optimum plant performance
- Provides support assistance to other Projects and Automation Solutions group staff
- Assists sales team regarding existing or future customer needs that may result in additional equipment, services, or engineering sales for the company.
- Four-year degree in engineering or 5 years industry experience
- Knowledge of specialized control systems processes (i.e. boiler control, batch, continuous, validated applications)
- Implementation skills for DeltaV, Wireless HART, and AMS Device Manager a plus
- Process control, system design and configuration of control strategy in biotech or personalized medicine, including troubleshooting, system startup and commissioning services
- Ideal candidates have an in-depth knowledge of field I/O devices, such as pressure, flow, temperature transmitters, motor starters, variable speed drives
- Ideal candidate will have previous experience in biotech or personalized medicine applications (small molecule experience a plus)