Bring your automation expertise to a global supply chain company and help as they update over 60 of their plants nationwide! Part of the modernization involves the deployment of Wonderware and Factory Management Systems (FMS) so they're looking for someone who can oversee that project. If you have recent experience with Wonderware System Platform or ArchestrA, please apply - your knowledge and skill in this area is needed and appreciated.
Why work here?
- company is environmentally conscious and focuses on sustainability
- fast-paced work that is not at all boring; always launching new innovations!
- will lead projects and have leeway in how the project is developed
- opportunities for career advancement
- company invests in and develops their employees
- great benefits
Job Summary and Duties:
In this role you will be part of the engineering group that supports the company's plant operations in North America (mostly the US and Canada). Your responsibilities will focus on the development, implementation, integration, and support of Wonderware Systems and Factory Management and Control Systems (FMS).
Qualifications & Experience:
- conduct system development and configuration in Wonderware System Platform, ArchestrA, InTouch, and MS SQL Server.
- work hand in hand with the process engineering team on mechanical, electrical and controls integration with the Factory Management and Control Systems (FMS).
- analyze business problems, develop solutions and implement value-added technical and non-technical solutions to those challenges.
- maintain a strong positive relationship between the business entities and the Engineering organization.
- propose and deliver systems and services that add increasing value to the business on time and within budget.
- embrace and enforce company FMS standards with new and existing equipment vendors to support rapid implementations.
- provide plant support for FMS during the day, off-hours, weekends, and holidays as required.
- travel 30%
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering (BSEE) from an accredited program
- 3-5 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3-5 years of demonstrated project experience implementing Wonderware Systems / ArchestrA
- Knowledge of basic production manufacturing metrics
- SQL Server and .NET experience a plus!
- Understanding of Allen-Bradley/Rockwell PLCs (ControlLogix) would be helpful.
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Comfortable working on plant floors and in fast-paced, results-oriented environments
- Comfortable working in a hands-on, start-up environment with challenging, aggressive schedules
- Able to travel up to 30%