An OEM in St. Louis is looking to bring a Sr. Electrical Engineer on board! This opportunity is open due to growth since their electrical department is expanding. This company has a lot to offer including a generous retirement plant, tuition reimbursement, and a comprehensive benefits package. Plus they are Employee-owned (ESOP)!
The Senior Electrical Engineer will research, develop, design, and test electrical components, equipment, and systems (including power/control systems). The Senior Electrical Engineer will travel domestically approximately 30% per year.
Senior Electrical Engineer Duties:
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
- Design electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for industrial purposes.
- Design and direct personnel in fabrication of control apparatus and equipment, and determine methods, procedures, and conditions for testing products such as generators, transformers, control devices, motors, instruments, power distribution, and safety systems.
- Develop applications of controls, instruments, and systems for industrial uses, including motors and conveyance systems; directing activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operation conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Direct and coordinate operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field installations utilizing computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Lead a single or group of engineers, designers and technicians.
- Independently evaluate, select, and apply standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjust and correlate data, recognize discrepancies in the results, and follow operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Design a complete standard electrical engineering drawings package, which includes, power one-lines, control schematics, control narratives, control panel layouts with bills of material, interconnection diagrams, cable schedules, and equipment schedules.
- Create program projects, modify, debug PLC software, and establish communications utilizing various networks.
- Serve as the primary electrical resource for the installation and start-up and commissioning of the assignment.
- Ability to manage electrical contractors along with fabrication resources to complete unitized and pre-assembled work.
- Collaborate with the estimation department to create and execute project estimations.
- Work with project management to create manning schedules for assignments.
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established safety and company requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
- 10+ years of experience in electrical engineering is required.
- AutoCAD and drafting experience is preferred.
- Experience with the selection and specification of switch gear, motor control centers, large generators, medium to high voltage transformers, instruments, support equipment and process equipment is preferred.
- PE registration is preferred.
- Process knowledge of P&ID’s is required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and hands-on experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written is required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows based programs are required.
- Ability to work flexible hours and some weekend work may be required.
- Requires effective time management skills, personal conduct, and change management abilities.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers, clients, vendors, and other business contacts.
- Must comply with company's core values for the safe and efficient operation of the business and maintain sound relationships among and with employees.
- Ability to work in an office and uncontrolled environment. Exposure to harsh conditions are possible for a short period time - such as: dust, fumes, chemicals, hazardous materials, noise, and varying weather and temperatures.
- Ability to travel 30% to job sites in the U.S.