Take the lead at a growing process controls company! Head up projects in the food and beverage industry while enjoying all that sunny California has to offer.
- Position is open due to growth.
- Medical Benefits - company pays 100% of premium for the employee, 75% of the premium for all dependents
- 401K - match dollar for dollar up to 6%
- PTO - PTO hours increase based on the number of hours worked
- Pay - paid hourly, receive double time for weekends and holidays as well as time and a half for overtime
Process Controls Engineer Job Duties:
- Work with the customer and/or process engineer to develop and/or interpret process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs)
- Develop project documentation including, but not limited to, device lists, I/O lists, electrical contractor documentation, and acceptance documentation
- Design & develop PLC and HMI programs
- Design control system networks
- Designs and configure control system server infrastructure
- Commission control systems including device configuration, I/O checkout, PID tuning, water testing, CIP testing, and production testing
- Calibration of process devices with documentation
- Troubleshoot control systems (software, hardware, electrical, and/or mechanical problems)
- Work with subcontractors (mechanical or electrical) on projects including oversight of electrical install
- Drafts for electrical schematics, networks, etc.
- Ensure that the projects are completed on time and on budget
- Able to multitask on multiple projects and project elements
- 5+ years of controls engineering experience
- AS or BS degree in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, or electrical engineering
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Experience with Clean-in-Place (CIP) systems
- Engineer-in-Training certificate or Professional Engineer license
- Very proficient with Microsoft Excel and Outlook as well as experience with Microsoft Project
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Experience with some of the following Rockwell Automation software packages: RSLogix5, RSLogix500, RSLogix5000, Studio5000, FactoryTalk View SE, FactoryTalk View ME, RSView32, FactoryTalk Batch, FactoryTalk Historian SE, FactoryTalk VantagePoint, PlantPAx, and FactoryTalk AssetCentre
- Experience with Wonderware System Platform components.
- Experience in process device calibration and documentation using ProCalV5
- Experience with some of the following networking protocols: EtherNet/IP, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Modbus RTU, Profibus PA, Profibus DP, Remote I/O (RIO), and Data Highway Plus (DH+)
- Experience with Ethernet networking especially with Cisco devices. Configuration via Cisco Network Assistant or the command line is especially beneficial.
- Experience with virtualized environments (VMware Workstation, VMware Fusion, VMware ESXi, or Microsoft Hyper-V).
The nature of this job requires both office time and on-site time at a customer facility. While in the office, a Monday through Friday work week is expected, with overtime as required. While in the field, weekend or holiday time may be expected, but will be paid accordingly.