Looking for a new job opportunity that offers high visibility? Be part of this international company with low turnover!
This R&D company offers benefit eligibility from day one! Enjoy great pay and career growth opportunities with this global company with Midwestern family values. They are currently updating their main office and creating a more open office environment that has both sitting and standing desks!
Located southwest of Kansas City, you get to enjoy the best of both worlds: the relaxing countryside along the Marais Des Cygnes river with the option to travel into the city for baseball, football, NASCAR, and performing arts. Low cost of living area too! Or, if you prefer to live in or near the city, you can zip down I-35 for your commute.
R&D Engineering Manager Job Summary:
In this position you will manage a team of engineers. You will also serve as the technical manager for all the systems design regarding products within the Terminal Tractors / Mobile Equipment division.
Terminal tractors are also referred to as spotter trucks or yard trucks and are small semi-trucks that you may find at warehouse and distribution operations, shipping ports, rail terminals, etc.
You will oversee all development and design as it relates to electric, mechatronics/automation, electric drive, cabins, mechanics/analysis, hydraulics and power train.
- Lead and develop the Terminal Tractors / Mobile Equipment development and design group.
- Meet specified technical customer demands, product safety, legislation requirements and internal demands for mobile equipment products regarding development design.
- Plan and perform design activities and make sure agreed costs, deliveries, and timing are kept.
- Be in charge of the budget, actual cost, and forecast in your area of operation.
- Ensure cooperation between Terminal Tractors / Mobile Equipment development group and supply including both sourcing and operation.
- Serve as a member of the Terminal Tractors R&D management team.
- Ensure technical coordination within mobile equipment products regarding development & design.
- Give input to the product development plans and regularly report to the Head of R&D regarding outcome and possible deviations.
- You will be responsible for the staff as well as their salaries (according to company policies). You will need to organize your staff and supply them with the resources, tools, efficient processes, descriptions of work, and anything else they will need to accomplish their work.
- You are responsible for making sure that resources are used efficiently internally and externally, both inside and outside Business Line TT.
- You are in charge of providing information to subordinates and the Terminal Tractors R&D management team.