A food manufacturing company is hiring! They use non-GMO verified, natural, or organic ingredients in almost all of their products. Work on cutting edge product innovations while enjoying competitive pay and benefits including 401K with matching, on-site cafeteria, and fitness center.
Be 30 minutes’ northwest of Albany, NY (the state capital) and 40 minutes southwest of Saratoga Springs. Near major cultural events, outside recreation and places to have fun throughout the year. Go see the ballet, listen to great bands at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC), boat on beautiful Lake George, hike the famous trails of the Adirondacks, or ski at Lake Placid. There is plenty to keep you and/or your family busy. And, if you want the occasional big city attraction, it is a short drive to Boston, Montreal, and New York City.
Controls Engineer Responsibilities:
As a Controls Engineer you will be assigning, reviewing and participating in the engineering and maintenance of plant equipment, machinery, and related facilities. You will also provide instruction in operation, set-up, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair and ensure work quality and adherence to established policies and procedures. You will be heavily involved in continuous improvement plans across the manufacturing environment.
You will be expected to...
- Utilize your broad background in Electrical Hardware, Automation Systems, Mechanical Processes, and Process Control Systems. Specifically, a high level of proficiency in Allen-Bradley ControlLogix/Compactlogix/SLC 500 PLCs, Kinetix Servo systems, FactorytalkView SE/ME applications, configuring and setting up Powerflex VFDs, DeviceNet and ControlNet, Ethernet communications.
- Support the planning, prioritizing, and reviewing the technical plans for engineering/maintenance of the production and facility equipment including the preparation of project plans, schedules, budgets and proposals.
- Troubleshoot issues with the Rockwell Systems – SCADA, MES, Batch, PLCs, VFDs and Servos, IO and Safety Devices.
- Be proficient in Software Development - PLC programming, IO Configuration, SCADA/HMI programming and computer communication systems and network protocols – Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet.
- Prepare system integration plans, system specification, and factory and site acceptance test documents - System Architecture drawings, wiring diagrams, P&IDs, Equipment Tags List, Configurations, HMI screens, and a detailed bill of materials.
- Work with management to establish schedules and methods for providing services; identifying resource needs; reviewing needs with appropriate management staff; allocating resources accordingly, effectively communicating action plans/repairs
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures; monitoring work activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures; making recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Computer, Systems Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years' experience working in an industrial controls environment
- Experience with Rockwell Allen Bradley PLC programming (AB ControlLogix/Compactlogix/SLC 500/RSLogix 5000, Studio 5000, RSLogix 500) and Asset Center, MES Production Center and Factory Talk Batch.
- Experience with HMI development - Factory Talk View SE/ME, Historian PI server.
- Communication experience including RS232, RS485, fiber optic, serial, Controlnet, Devicenet & Ethernet Protocols (IP addressing schemes, subnets).
- Understanding of controls architecture and networking (ControlNet, DeviceNet, Ethernet) and process controls.
- Understanding and experience in industrial electrical control systems, servos, machine and systems architecture and troubleshooting of equipment.
- Understanding and experience for applicable NFPA, NEC, ANSI and GMP standards. Ex: NFPA 79, NFPA 70, B11TR3, etc.
- Above average skills in safety requirements; design, electrical safety standards including risk assessment and circuit validation, functionality
- Experience with server operating systems and virtualization including VMware vSphere, Windows Server 2008 and 2012.
- Experience using 2D Electrical schematic software to draft various design documents. AutoCAD or AutoCAD Electrical is preferable.