A process controls company is hiring in the Twin Cities! As a controls technician you will inspect, test and troubleshoot process control instrumentation and control panels to meet customer requirements.
Process Controls Technician's Duties:
- opportunity to work on a variety of process controls projects
- chance to gain experience in a range of industries (material handling, plastics, metal, etc.)
- company perks including casual Friday, exercise room with showers on site, time off to volunteer, and team activities including sports outings, happy hours, and BBQs
- pay & benefits package includes 401k with matching, tuition assistance, and more
- Perform factory test and inspection of control panels.
- Assist in selection and perform inspection of process instrumentation.
- Verify proper wiring and configuration as well as perform function check of instrumentation and control panels (PLCs, VFDs) at customer sites.
- Travel to customer site for installation and equipment startup support.
- Interface with sub-contractors and customers
- Inspect sub-vendor equipment
- Assist process development team in configuring test equipment
- 2 year Associate's degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 3 years of industrial control experience (programming, troubleshooting, and/or plant automation support)
- Configuration of motor variable frequency drives
- Able to read electrical schematics, process flow diagrams, and P&ID’s
- Working knowledge of...
- PLC software
- multi-function test meters
- Microsoft Office
- Able to travel approximately 15-30% annually (both domestic and international)