Work for a growing division of an international company. Join a company that has low turnover and is opening positions due to growth!
Our client is global company located in 30 countries and offers benefits. Enjoy a 401K with matching and assistance with relocation. Benefits start from day one! Be part of a company that has Midwest family values and offers a Midwestern atmosphere.
The company has a Midwestern feel with Midwest family values. They are currently renovating their main offices and creating a more open office environment with both standing and sitting desks. This company has low turnover. Other perks include being eligible for benefits from day one, 401K with matching, and relocation assistance.
Located southwest of Kansas City, you get to enjoy the best of both worlds: the relaxing countryside along the Marais Des Cygnes river with the option to travel into the city for baseball, football, NASCAR, and performing arts. Low cost of living area too! Or, if you prefer to live in or near the city, you can zip down I-35 for your commute.
System Development Engineer Job Summary:
This position is responsible for development and coordination of systems design for electronics and controls regarding Terminal Tractors product line.
- Development of electrical system architecture and logical schematics
- Development of vehicle topology, communication protocols, and architecture for networked components
- Ensures completion of engineering activities for meeting platform goals
- Contributes to the overall profitability of new and existing products
- Contributes to the increase of overall product quality
- Contributes to cost reduction ideas related to component design on new and existing products
- Understand/Develop/Update/Maintain the vehicle requirements that must be implemented in the controls and electrical network architecture
- Create and implement electrical and controls standards and best practices
- Develop Network Databases for CAN, LIN, and Ethernet
- Develop vehicle network topologies by implementing existing standards
- Understand current vehicle architecture and plan upgrades
- Develop Electronic Component Communication Specifications
- Develop executable models of vehicle network behavior
- Perform analysis of modeled vehicle networks and implemented vehicle networks for common network design problems, e.g. loading, latency, fault tolerance, quality of service
- Participate/Lead design reviews, DFMEA’s and develop and manage validation plans
- Provides frequent team progress updates to direct manager as needed
- Ensures the use of engineering standards, methodologies and global product development processes into engineering team’s daily work tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, required
- Master’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, desirable
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in electrical and controls design
- Experience with mobile equipment design highly desirable