Join a global company that designs, manufactures, and distributes labeling and packaging materials and solutions! Our client is looking for an Automation & Controls Engineer to be part of their Engineering Technology Group in Covina, CA.
This team is responsible for developing, optimizing, and implementing proprietary process technologies and equipment for all of the company's manufacturing plants worldwide. Technologies can include: precision coating, extrusion, thermal embossing, drying/curing, lamination, and other web-based processes such as printing and label converting.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- serve as the resident automation and controls expert
- will be part a team of experts in coating (they are industry leaders globally!)
- work closely with the management team; giving you the opportunity to stand out and make an impact
- international travel
- great benefits package
- opportunities to grow
In this position, you will support senior staff through all phases of project execution, from concept design, to scale-up, to commercialization. This requires close collaboration with vendors and plants globally with a special focus on the automation and control of high precision electro-mechanical systems. You will work to build and design on site in California and then travel nationally and internationally for installations and occasionally for troubleshooting/repair.
This will involve...
- Designing and implementing precision motion control systems, with focus on tight tolerance machine design.
- Supporting global projects that require mechanical design, and process automation and motion control expertise.
- Inspecting, installing, and commissioning equipment in manufacturing facilities worldwide.
- Coordinating and managing resources, including outside vendors and company personnel, to ensure that the equipment and processes provided meet all requirements and specifications.
- Designing and executing necessary experiments in support of design and project objectives.
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Electro-Mechanical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering. Master's degree a plus.
- 5 years of relevant work experience also desired.
- Demonstrated expertise and proficiency in PLC programming (especially Rockwell/Allen Bradley and Siemens platforms).
- Knowledge in Servo Motion is a plus.
- Proficiency in Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools also required (Solidworks or AutoCAD).
- Must possess competence in mechanical systems design skills and process technology understanding in order to take a project from concept design through commercialization.
- Able and willing to travel within the USA and internationally - 40% travel