Work for an industry leader in water, wastewater, and industrial controls industries! This company has been awarded the Allen-Bradley System Integrator Circle of Excellence Award and has been in business for 50 years. Have opportunities for growth and the ability to work from your own home!
Work from your home in the Chicago area and travel up to 50% (depending on project needs). Field service travel will mostly be by car and within a 3-5 hour radius of Chicago (Chicago suburbs, parts of Northwestern Illinois, and Wisconsin)
As a Field Service Engineer you will provide programming services for control systems primarily in the water and wastewater industry. This includes PLC, HMI, and SCADA along with any instrumentation services that are needed. This is a challenging position that requires multi-tasking, a leadership attitude, and a willingness to never stop learning.
- AS in Engineering or related degree or equivalent experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Must have an understanding of control systems and components.
- Strong PLC programming skills. Experience with Allen-Bradley RSLogix 500 and 5000, Modicon, Siemens S7, GE PAC systems or the like. Allen Bradley is preferred.
- HMI programming experience such as Wonderware, FactoryTalk View, Cimplicity, Intellution or the like.
- Experience with Windows based control software and SCADA software packages, motor control, VFDs, and process instrumentation is also desired for this position.
- Communications networking experience including fiber optic, radio telemetry, broadband, and other associated technologies is desired.
- Experience with project management, covering initial concept/proposal, design, implementation, testing, start-up, and closeout is desired.
- Experience conducting full functional factory acceptance testing is desired.
- Successful candidates will possess good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with all levels of co-workers, management, contractors, and end users.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks, have excellent attention to detail, and be willing and able to learn new technologies quickly.