An automation and control service company in Midland, TX, is hiring! In their efforts to expand in the fast-paced, growing oil & gas market in the Permian Basin of West Texas and Southeast New Mexico, this systems integrator is looking to add a Field Automation Engineer to their team. They are looking for someone who wants to grow and advance with their business!
In this engineering role, you will be responsible for programming automation/controls systems and communicating with customers on project work. The systems will involve PLCs, HMIs, and RTUs and be in oil/gas field or plant settings. The types of projects you will work on will include well-pad installations, compressor stations, salt-water disposals (SWD's), and plants. This job is perfect for a self-starter who is reliable, has a desire to learn, and is capable of adapting quickly across job functions and responsibilities.
So what's in it for you? Well, this company...
- is a safety-conscious, ethical, customer-focused organization; it's an employer you can be proud to work for!
- is rapidly growing with endless potential for career growth
- provides challenging and meaningful work in an environment where you will continuously learn
- provides ongoing hands-on equipment training and personal career development plans
- offers competitive compensation based upon experience level and capabilities and a benefit package including health insurance, 401K matching plan, life insurance, vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- requires only a little overnight travel
- A 2 year Associate's degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Industrial Electrical/Electronics, Instrumentation, or Process Controls is preferred.
- At least 5 years' experience in a field environment for oil & gas (both upstream and midstream facilities)
- At least 5 years' of controls programming experience
- Ability to work with customers to identify desired automation/controls functionality and then deliver the programming needed.
- Ability to design, plan, manage, install, and perform start-up/commissioning/documentation of automation and control systems. (You may also be involved in instrumentation calibrations, loop tuning, troubleshooting, communication installations, and SCADA integration.)
The ideal individual for this position would have experience in the following:
- PLC Programming (Allen Bradley RSLogix 500 & RSLogix 5000, IDEC)
- HMI Development and Programming (Beijer, IDEC, Maple Systems, FactoryTalk, Proface)
- Knowledge of RTU's, EFM's, VFD's (ROC 800, ABB TotalFlow)
- Knowledge of the following:
- LACT Skids
- 4-20ma and 1-5V end devices
- Radio and cellular communications
- PID Loops
- Using of basic hand tools
- Using a fluke meter and test equipment
- Writing a job safety analysis (JSA) and identifying hazards while working in the field