Join a growing systems integrator looking to add an Automation Technician to their team near Greeley, CO! Enjoy great benefits and pay while working in the growing oil & gas market in the DJ Basin in Colorado. There are opportunities for career growth and advancement within this company.
As a technician you will be involved in installations, commissioning, maintenance, troubleshooting, and programming. The types of projects you will work on would include well-pad installations, compressor stations, salt-water disposals (SWD's), and plants.
So what's in it for you? Well, this company...
- is a safety-conscious, ethical, customer-focused organization; it's an employer you can be proud to work for!
- is rapidly growing with endless potential for career growth
- provides challenging and meaningful work in an environment where you will continuously learn
- provides ongoing hands-on equipment training and personal career development plans
- offers competitive compensation based upon experience level and capabilities and a benefit package including health insurance, 401K matching plan, life insurance, vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- A 2 year Associate's degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Industrial Electrical/Electronics, Instrumentation, or Process Controls is preferred.
- At least 2 years' experience as an automation, instrumentation, or process controls technician or field engineer is required.
- Comfortable working in a team environment as well as being able to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Experience with the following is a big plus but is not required: ABB Total Flow, pressure devices (such as Rosemount, Vega, etc), and Beijer and Maple Systems
The ideal individual for this Automation Technician role would have experience in the following:
- Installation, inspection, calibration, maintenance and commissioning of Instrumentation and Automation Systems used in the Oil and Gas Industries (Upstream and Mid-Stream).
- Knowledge of RTU's, EFM's, VFD's (ROC 107, 800, ABB TotalFlow)
- PLC Programming (Idec, ScadaPack, Allen Bradley)
- HMI Development and Programming (Beijer, Red Lion, IDEC, Maple Systems & Panel Views)
- Communication protocols & radio communications (Freewave, Xetawave, MDS)
- Knowledge of SCADA and SCADA Communications
- Knowledge of Modbus communication protocols and addressing.
- Knowledge of Instrumentation (transmitters, AC Variable Frequency Drives, Operator Interface, downhole pumps, LACT units, and Motor Controls., Coriolis Meters, Turbine Meters and etc.)
- Knowledge of liquid pumping units and pump jack on off controls