Work as a Electrical Designer at a company that stays on the leading edge of trends in control technology, data integration, and machine interface to bring state-of-the-art results. This systems integrator specializes in water and wastewater controls but also does work in mining, refining, food processing, and industrial applications.
Live and play at the feet of the beautiful Rocky Mountains, close to National Parks, where you can ski, fish, and hike. If the outdoor lifestyle isn't for you downtown Denver is only a 30 minutes away!
In this Electrical Designer role you will design and prepare complete and accurate scale drawings, control & power schematics, and revisions for complex projects. You will integrate skilled engineering drafting methods and procedures with the operation and application of computer-aided design (AutoCAD) equipment and software.
Electrical Designer Duties:
- Prepare and design detailed electronic AutoCAD plans and/or scale drawings for complex projects from sketches and specifications.
- Interface with departmental personnel to obtain details of equipment and materials requirements.
- Prepare electronic layouts, detailed scale drawings, and material and equipment requirements from sketches, specifications, and standard layouts provided by customers, consultants, and/or departmental contacts; review and manipulate electronic files received from customers or other staff.
- Revise computer-aided designs and plans to comply with modified specifications made during actual construction.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to the other staff in the interpretation and implementation of specifications and requirements and the procurement and use of AutoCAD files.
- Maintain the AutoCAD library.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Mindful of budgets on projects to which assigned.
- Strives to continuously improve quality and productivity through identifying own training and tool needs.
- Train subordinates and other employees on essential functions of AutoCAD.
- Associate's degree in CAD drafting/design. (In lieu of degree, will consider equivalent combination of work experience, training, and related education).
- 2+ years of relevant CAD experience.
- Must be familiar and proficient with AutoCAD techniques and the use of the AutoCAD library.
- Proficient with Windows programs including Word, Excel, and Email.
- Must be able to design and research symbols on the internet.
- Must be able to plan, organize and implement own work.
- The ideal individual will...
- place importance on being customer focused
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- be a self starter
- enjoy working in a team-based environment