Our client is an innovative and leading global supplier of connectivity solutions for industrial automation, machinery and remote asset management. They are currently seeking an individual to work as a Support Engineer. This is a great opportunity to expand your knowledge of industrial networking technologies, embedded systems, and automation related products.
Most support activities will be conducted via telephone, e-mail and forums, but some travel may be required, including possible international travel.
Qualifications for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar
- Strong knowledge embedded systems, Ethernet, TCP/IP, HTTP and SMTP as well as networking hardware
- Knowledge of or familiarity with:
- Web services programming (REST and SOAP)
- Web-based user interface programming (Java, AJAX)
- Excellent troubleshooting, analysis, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in application engineering or technical support of industrial automation systems including basic knowledge of PLCs, drives, HMI, I/O, instrumentation, robotics, sensors, and other devices used in industrial control systems is a huge plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The successful candidate must be self-motivated, able to work in a team environment and possess exceptional communication, customer relation, and organizational skills. Clear and concise written and verbal skills are needed to convey technical concepts. It is also essential to be detail-oriented and possess strong time management skills.