Expand your skills and experience as you supervise Wonderware /Factory Management System projects for a global supply chain company. They are currently updating their automation in over 60 plants nationwide and need someone with Wonderware System Platform or Archestra to help with the process.
When not traveling for projects, you can work from your own home or out of an office in one of the company's plants if it's already commutable to you. They have plants in the following areas:
Why work here?
- Midwest: Cedar Rapids IA, Kansas City MO, Livonia MI
- East: Liverpool NY, Scarborough ME, Wilmington MA, Baltimore, MD
- West: Modesto CA
- Florida: Orlando, Jacksonville
- Georgia: Atlanta, Albany, Pendergrass
- Texas: Temple, Lubbock, Kilgore
- Charlotte NC, Elloree SC, Hammond LA, Jackson MS, Bowling Green KY, Suffolk VA
- company is environmentally conscious and focuses on sustainability
- fast-paced work that is not at all boring; always launching new innovations!
- will lead projects and have leeway in how the project is developed
- opportunities for career advancement
- company invests in and develops their employees
- great benefits
Job Summary and Duties:
In this role you will be part of the engineering group that supports the company's plant operations in North America (mostly the US and Canada). Your responsibilities will focus on the development, implementation, integration, and support of Wonderware Systems and Factory Management and Control Systems (FMS).
Qualifications & Experience:
- conduct system development and configuration in Wonderware System Platform, ArchestrA, InTouch, and MS SQL Server.
- work hand in hand with the process engineering team on mechanical, electrical and controls integration with the Factory Management and Control Systems (FMS).
- analyze business problems, develop solutions and implement value-added technical and non-technical solutions to those challenges.
- maintain a strong positive relationship between the business entities and the Engineering organization.
- propose and deliver systems and services that add increasing value to the business on time and within budget.
- embrace and enforce company FMS standards with new and existing equipment vendors to support rapid implementations.
- provide plant support for FMS during the day, off-hours, weekends, and holidays as required.
- travel 30-50% (likely closer to 50% since this is a remote position)
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering (BSEE) from an accredited program
- 3-5 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3-5 years of demonstrated project experience implementing Wonderware Systems / ArchestrA
- Knowledge of basic production manufacturing metrics
- SQL Server and .NET experience a plus!
- Understanding of Allen-Bradley/Rockwell PLCs (ControlLogix) would be helpful.
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Comfortable working on plant floors and in fast-paced, results-oriented environments
- Comfortable working in a hands-on, start-up environment with challenging, aggressive schedules
- Able to travel between 30-50% (likely closer to 50% since this is a remote position)
- Able to attend training in Orlando, FL, as well as at other company sites, at the beginning of employment for a 2-6 month period (amount of time depends on how long it takes the engineer to get up to speed).