Work as a Controls Engineer at a company that stays on the leading edge of trends in control technology, data integration, and machine interface to bring state-of-the-art results. This systems integrator specializes in water and wastewater controls but also does work in mining, refining, food processing, and industrial applications.
Live and play at the feet of the beautiful Rocky Mountains, close to National Parks, where you can ski, fish, and hike. If the outdoor lifestyle isn't for you downtown Denver is only a 30 minutes away!
It's a small company that provides a family atmosphere and competitive compensation. Since the person in this role will travel frequently in the beautiful high country of Colorado, he or she must be able to work independently. A strong background in 4-20mA control is preferred, but the company will consider training candidates with strong electrical backgrounds. Special consideration will also be given to individuals with previous water/wastewater experience.
Controls Engineer Duties:
- Design, develop, program, install, modify, and test the installation of electrical process control equipment, components and/or systems. (PLC programming, HMI programming, SCADA)
- Provide field service support (instrumentation and controls).
- Compile and write documentation of program development, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program for Motorola ACE, and/or Allen Bradley PLCs.
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software application to ensure they produce the desired results and that instructions are correct.
- Clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest change.
- Confer with operators, supervisors and engineers to implement operating procedures.
- Work with operators, supervisors, engineers and other staff in the design, testing and evaluation of control systems.
- Perform and revise, repair or expand existing programs and/or software for efficiency, needed adaptations, upgrades and performance standards
- Analyze information to determine, recommend and plan installation of new systems or modifications to existing systems.
- Travel: Mostly to local sites in Colorado. May be occasional travel to other states. Approximately 8 overnights a month. Almost always home on the weekends.