Account Manager - DCS Systems needed in the Houston area for a Distributed Control Systems (DCS) Equipment and Services provider to the Process Industries. The Account Manager - DCS Systems shall develop and maintain business relationships with decision makers and purchase influencers in the specific assigned accounts.
Why work here?:
- ESOP company so earn shares and have ownership in the company!
- Room for growth in this privately-owned company!
- Established business in the region for over 65 years!
- Excellent benefits package - Low-premium health insurance, dental, vision, disability, life
- 401k matching - 4% right off the bat!
- NO OVERNIGHT TRAVEL!! Work with clients within a 2 hour radius of office
- Identify, establish, and maintain business relationships with management level decision makers and other personnel who have influence in the decision process.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the customer’s business, including; their products and processes, markets served, key customers, industry dynamics that effect the customer’s business and events that influence the customers profits.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the customer’s business drivers and key objectives to support development of account strategies.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of all Products and Services included in the assigned Company Business Unit portfolio.
- Identify and maintain accurate records of the customers’ organization and the politics that influence decision-making. Identify decision makers and others in the organization that have influence on these decision makers.
- Develop and maintain an account strategy that maximizes the business relationship for the Company, including crafting the value proposition that sustains the business relationship.
- Provide regular status reports to Sales and Service Management of the progress on account objectives and other metrics established for assigned accounts.
- Secure new business for the Products and Services in the represented business unit.
- Support business unit and sales team initiatives and events as identified by the business unit manager.
- Performs related duties as required.
- 7+ Years direct technical sales and marketing experience to large key accounts; 3- 5 years of successful technical sales within our industry or related markets.
- BS/BA degree required in a discipline that supports a technical knowledge of the business.
- Detailed knowledge of the sales process as applied at a management level with a history of success in using this process.
- Strong knowledge of the specific business and industry of the Company.