Growing and stable Engineering Consulting firm is in need of a Sr. Instrumentation and Controls Engineer to assist in the design of water and waste water facilities that will help to conserve the planet's water supply.
- Stable and thriving consulting engineering firm for over 40 years!
- Earn stock in this employee-owned company!
- Over 30% growth targeted this year!
- Team-based culture!
- Excellent benefits!
- Low travel, less than 20% and most within 100 mile radius!
- Fun company culture that enjoys giving back to the community!
The Sr. Instrumentation & Controls Engineer will:
- Provide technical, programming and design services in support of instrumentation & controls/SCADA design and implementation projects as a part of a project team
- Conducts preliminary process evaluations, SCADA architecture concepts, prepares specifications, reports, controls programming and I & C designs for water and wastewater systems.
- Communicates directly with client project personnel.
- Experience managing projects including schedule, scope, technical, quality and financial success
- Directs and mentors project support resources to achieve project objectives.
- Interfaces with process, civil, mechanical and electrical design engineers.
- Understand and implement communications systems such as Ethernet based local area networks and wireless radio systems
- Performs PLC programming and/or HMI programming.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent (related field).
- PE preferred but not required
- Must have 7+ years of experience in electrical design engineering with at least 5 years of experience specifically in instrumentation and controls in the water/wastewater arena.
- Process-oriented individual with strong technical skills and good interpersonal team skills.
- Solid communicator, able to communicate and work directly with end users of the client to complete design and/or implementation.
- Knowledgeable of industry standard PLC and HMI system implementation and programming.
- Experienced in CAD, latest version.
- Able to complete work consistently, with the flexibility to accommodate varying demands put on them by project managers, owners, vendors and contractors.
- Must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable motor vehicle record.