Our client is an innovative and leading global supplier of connectivity solutions for industrial automation, machinery and remote asset management. They are currently seeking an individual to work as a Electronic Project Manager and Development Engineer. This is a great opportunity to expand your knowledge of industrial networking technologies, embedded systems, and automation related products.
The primary responsibility is the overall project management of current and legacy projects executed by the North America Engineering Services Team. Projects are executed using a mix of internal engineering, contract engineering, and contract manufacturing resources. This individual will be responsible for the following project management tasks:
- Track and manage all active projects owned by the Manchester engineering team
- Monitoring and documenting internal and external costs
- Ensuring the design specifications are complete and current
- Reporting status to the end customer
- Ensure the project is executed in a timely fashion and meets the end customer’s expectations
The secondary responsibility will be general electrical engineering tasks. These tasks could include software development, hardware development, system test or product certifications. Do to a broad task set, this individual must be flexible enough to learn new skills on the job.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Software development in Java and Python
- Software development C/C++
- PCB design, Schematic capture
- Coordinating and/or building prototype assemblies
- Prototype testing, Production test support (internal and external manufacturing)
- Product certification via 3rd parties (CE, UL, FCC)
- Post-production sustaining engineering as needed (second sources, debugging returns)
The Electronic Project Manager and Development Engineer will work closely with personnel at the Solutions Center in Manchester, NH as well as with the Sweden and Germany locations. Experience dealing with geographically dispersed teams is preferred.
The Electronic Project Manager and Development Engineer will report directly to the Engineering Manager in Manchester, NH.
Other information related to the position:
Most engineering activities will be conducted via telephone and e-mail. Some travel will be required, including possible international travel to our German development center and/or Swedish headquarters.
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package for this position including medical, dental, vision, life and long- and short-term disability insurances as well as a wellness plan, company share savings program and a 401k plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field; and 3 - 5 years related experience and/or training.
- Strong electrical engineering fundamentals
- Project management experience
- Familiarity with test equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers)
- Familiarity with digital circuit design
- Knowledge of common digital interfaces, SPI, I2C, RS232, RS485, CAN
- Familiarity with EMC/EMI testing procedures.
- EDAD experience with schematic capture
- Experience coding in Java, Python and C/C++
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to successfully prioritize
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Excellent troubleshooting, analysis, and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Passion and ability to learn
- Altium for schematic capture (our client uses Altium)
- Familiarity with designing for manufacturing and test
- Experience with coordinating PCB prototype manufacturing
- Knowledge of environmental testing and UL certification
- End to end project management experience
- Experience developing electronics on a small engineering team (3-6 engineers)
- Experience developing firmware
- Experience developing software applications for Linux