Controls Engineer with PLC Programming
expertise needed in the Corpus Christi area for an Automation Equipment and Services provider to the Process Industries.
Why work here?:
- ESOP company so earn shares and have ownership in the company!
- Room for growth in this privately-owned company!
- Established business in the region for over 65 years!
- Excellent benefits package - Low-premium health insurance, dental, vision, disability, life
- 401k matching - 4% right off the bat!
- NO OVERNIGHT TRAVEL!! Work with clients within a 2 hour radius of office
- Participates in designing, configuring, testing, debugging and documenting user applications in various software products
- Provides assistance and routine consultation to users in the use of various software products
- Applies generally accepted programming standards and techniques to assure efficient program logic and data manipulation
- Plans and executes software version upgrade releases and custom interfaces
- Analyzes the performance of hardware and software interfaces and identifies alternatives for optimizing the usage of computer resources
- Acts as liaison with manufacturers and vendors of software and application products, especially with regard to problem diagnosis and resolution
- Recommends selection, approval and acquisition of hardware, software, networking components and services
- Diagnoses and resolves system problems
- 4 Year degree, Engineering/Technical curriculum or university program certificate, or 2-4 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience such as Chemical, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineering or Computer Programming.
- Track record of PLC solution development in batch and/or continuous process and pipeline industry (Allen-Bradley, Modicon, Siemens, Etc.)
- 4 – 8 years’ experience in a computer systems background. Related experience includes spreadsheet manipulation or database manipulation. Additional experience required with any PLC systems such as Allen-Bradley, Modicon, Siemens, Etc..