Work for as the Project Manager for a company that offers challenging work assignments and competitive compensation!
Enjoy working for a company that offers:
- challenging work assignments
- an onsite fitness center
- tuition reimbursement
- competitive pay/benefits
- many career development and team-building opportunities
- philanthropic activities
As a Project Manager you will lead a project team and serve as the liaison between the team, the client, and internal management. Your projects will involve the design and engineering of material handling systems (including high speed sortation systems). You will participate in day-to-day project activities, communication, and management in order to facilitate a successful project. You will be responsible to control project activities to contain cost, meet deadlines. and satisfy client expectations.
- Manage the development of all project deliverables and quality standards required to meet internal and client deliverables.
- Develop plans for executing and controlling projects, including but not limited to, schedules, budgets, resource management, and change management.
- Be familiar with all contract documents and all project(s) objectives including client standards, as well as country of work codes and specifications (i.e. OSHA, NFPA, LSC101, etc.).
- Define approval process and timing, both internally and with the client, for review of all project submittals.
- Monitor that all engineering calculations are properly prepared and that the review of contractor calculations and submittals is performed in a timely fashion according to the scope of the project.
- Be accountable for quality of program deliverables both, internally and with the client.
- Provide direction and coaching to members of the project team.
- Make sure all project team members are appropriately safety trained, orientated to possible hazards and properly outfitted with personal protective equipment when going on-site.
- Prepare and monitor all invoicing from pre-approval through client approval and follow-up to ensure timely payments to the company and from the company to sub-contractors.
- Define and maintain project change order process to ensure accurate documentation is prepared, maintained and communicated, both internally and externally.
- Support business development initiatives by participating in proposal / estimate development and participation in sales and marketing efforts.
- Understand, support, and portray the company's corporate image and display professionalism in all related activities.
- Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or an Associate’s degree with equivalent technical experience.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in material handling industry (robotics, packaging, manufacturing).
- Prefer minimum 5 years in project management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills that highlight a passion for client satisfaction, quality, team building, mentoring and conflict resolution.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of software, including MS Project.
- AutoCAD experience preferred.
- Must be able to travel to client sites (however the travel is very little!).