Work for as the Project Engineer for a company that offers challenging work assignments and competitive compensation!
Enjoy working for a company that offers:
- challenging work assignments
- an onsite fitness center
- tuition reimbursement
- competitive pay/benefits
- many career development and team-building opportunities
- philanthropic activities
As a Project Engineer you will perform engineering design, calculations, and conceptual layouts for a variety of material handling and high-speed sortation systems, including parcel handling environments. You will specify equipment as well as consult with vendors and clients on project needs and deliverables.
- Interact with the project team and client as needed to prepare or edit project specifications/reports.
- Design system layouts and determine operational requirements so that a detailed system flow can be generated.
- Perform all required calculations to validate system throughput and workability.
- Specify and design system demolition and rework pertaining to the possible re-use of existing equipment.
- Design structural support steel layouts and perform related calculations.
- Lead system start-up, debug and testing activities and provide system review and punch-listing.
- Produce, review, and approve system as-built/as-installed drawings.
- Perform and manage field checking of existing equipment, sites, and facilities.
- Provide technical direction and coaching to other team members and discipline members
- Be responsible for completion of assigned project deliverables as it relates to cost and schedule.
- Maintain project records.
- Provide detailed engineers estimates for all conveyor systems and related installation work.
- Provide project scheduling input for conveyor systems implementation.
- Perform peer reviews of engineering materials, as directed to ensure deliverable quality.
- Track and communicate project status, both internally and externally.
- Review and approve contractor engineering submittals.
- Education / Experience: Bachelor's Degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited university with at least 5 years of related work experience.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2D/3D software (proficiency in FactoryCAD, Inventor, or Solidworks is a plus)
- Proficient in MS Outlook, basic MS Excel (calculations, functions, sorting, formatting), MS Word (basic formatting).
- Skilled in conveyor system design and engineering.
- Understand basics of mechanical systems and processes for various types of conveyor systems, including high-speed sortation and material handling systems.
- Understand the basics of pneumatic, hydraulic, and conveyor electrical controls applications.
- Understand and be familiar with governmental Safety Codes & Standards.
- Understand and be familiar with client Specifications and Safety Codes & Standards.
- Understand contract documents and project records.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to travel and accept field assignments to promote project success (however the travel is very little!).