Considering employment at a system integrator in Florida? If the answer is yes, you've made a great choice! The location is wonderful - no state income tax, world glass beaches, nearby theme parks, and no snow. The company also has a lot to offer - challenging projects in a variety of industries, flexible work, only local & regional travel requirements, plus they're family-owned! What's not to like? Love where you work and where you live - apply today!
Controls Engineer Duties:
In this position you will work as a Controls Engineer with your primary responsibility being HMI development with VT SCADA and Wonderware. The company works primarily with Water/wastewater but also with other process industries.
Education: Bachelor’s degree (BS) or Associate’s degree (AS) in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited college/university or other relative degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years of HMI programming experience, especially with Wonderware and VT SCADA
- Ability to write, modify and troubleshoot PLC and HMI programs.
- Practical knowledge and experience in analog and digital control.
- Ability to read project P&ID drawings and project specifications
- Understanding of industrial Control Systems applications is desired, including instrumentation and SCADA systems
- Experience with industrial PLC hardware design preferred.
- Experience with other types of software development is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite.
Willing to travel. The majority of projects are in Florida so the travel is minimal and usually just a few days at a time. However, there are exceptions from time to time and occasional work throughout the Southeast.