Controls Engineer needed for DFW Systems Integrator working in the Food & Beverage and Consumer Packaged Goods industries. Work on all stages of project from design, programming through installation and commissioning.
Why work for this company?:
- Work from home and meet with team a couple of times a week at a central location!
- Design controls and automation projects from cradle to grave!
- Great benefits including health insurance, 401k matching, bonus!
- Ongoing training provided!
- Execute full controls project life cycles, working closely with our Engineering team (design, develop, build, test, program, install, and commission)
- Produce electrical drawings for controls enclosures
- Identify, formulate and produce effective solutions to meet our clients’ needs
- Design project with emphasis on overall performance, reliability and safety
- Estimate budget and scope of project
- Prepare field reports during project commissioning phase
- Engage in lifelong learning, both technical and soft skills
- 2- 5 years proven experience in Controls Design
- Experienced PLC and HMI programmer
- Experience over a variety of Automation and Controls Hardware and Software Platforms including:
- Rockwell Automation Studio 5000 and FactoryTalk
- Wonderware Products (Aveva)
- Schneider-Electric (Modicon, Quantum)
- Experience over a variety of Variable Frequency Drives
- Experience using AutoCAD Electrical
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Creativity and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner
- Technical writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Engineering, Electrical Applied Science, or Computer Science from an ABET accredited university or Bachelor’s degree from another discipline if experience is relevant to the position
- Ability to travel up to 25% to various US locations