Great opportunity to work for a successful and growing OEM in the Atlanta area. Looking for sharp, capable, and energetic team members to help grow this business and maintain status as the market leader.
In this role you will be supporting some of the latest technology on the market! Looking for quick-thinking and flexible individuals who can solve issues with the machines and help ensure that the latest in automation technology is being utilized.
This position is based out of the Atlanta area location, when not travelling your time will be spent in the home office.
Typical duties associated with this job:
• Assemble equipment using powered and hand tools
• Install/rig packaging machinery
• Make small on-site mechanical modifications including grinding, welding, drilling/tapping
• Run cables; terminate cables in electrical panels
• On-site unloading of equipment from shipping containers (with rigging tools and forklifts/cranes)
• Assist PLC programmer with machine start-up and electrical troubleshooting
• Assist in assembly with building equipment (when not traveling)
• Assist sales and project management departments with customer testing (when not traveling)
• Good at working with your hands combined with strong analytical thinking abilities
• Minimum 2 years of field service experience. Will consider an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to read and comprehend electrical and mechanical drawings
• Experience with electromechanical systems
• Experience in the packaging industry would be a plus
• Electrical skills (wiring, soldering, crimping, testing, and use of standard hand tools)
• Basic computer skills
• Authorized to work in the US
• Ability and willingness to travel domestically and abroad (70 - 80% travel)Most of the travel will be in North America. Primarily in the US, some in Canada and Mexico. International travel periodically.
• Have analytical cognitive capability for machine troubleshooting and de-bugging
• Must be able to work both in a collaborative environment and autonomously
• Self-motivated individual with the ability to handle stressful situations and "get the job done"
• Good communicator with professional demeanor; sole company representative interfacing with customers when on-site