Our client is an innovative and leading global supplier of industrial networking and remote device management solutions. They are seeking a Field Application Engineer to join their Direct Sales team.
The Field Application Engineer position is responsible for providing assistance and expertise to their customers developing products that integrate embedded technology. Assistance begins with the product specification, continues through development and testing, and persists with ongoing support. Embedded technology includes chip, module and software-only products that enable industrial communication standards. Applicants must be familiar with embedded systems development, industrial communication, and industrial IoT technologies.
The ideal candidate is passionate about helping customers create innovative, reliable products. This position requires technical communication with customers, developers, sales and support staff.
This position will require frequent travel within North America and occasional travel to Europe.
The candidate will join the Direct Sales organization and will report directly to the VP of Sales.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; and 5 plus years of related experience
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Embedded Systems
- Knowledge of Industrial Networks for discrete/Hybrid automation
- Industrial Ethernet Standards (EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT, PROFINET, Modbus/TCP)
- Fieldbus Systems Standards (CANopen, PROFIBUS, DeviceNet)
- Wireless (IEEE 802.11, Bluetooth, Zigbee)
- Running and analyzing conformance test results
- Performing capture and analysis of network traffic (Wireshark)
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages, i.e, C/C++, and Java
- Knowledge of PLC programming environments
- Understanding of IOT technologies and architecture
- Understanding of security practices for networked devices and networked systems
- Bilingual Spanish/English applicants are encouraged to apply.
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package for this position including medical, dental, vision, life and long- and short-term disability insurances as well as a wellness plan, FSA and HSA Savings Plans, and a share savings program and a 401k plan.