Work for a successful original equipment manufacturing company on the north side of the Twin Cities. This is a great opportunity to grow your sales experience in the industrial/automation manufacturing industry.
This company is a long standing customer and has been consistently growing. This position is responsible for the sale of custom equipment and to assist customers in the decision making and design process.
Must have skills:
- Experience in selling capital equipment.
- Willingness to travel frequently, typically 10-20% may be higher at times
- Experience in negotiating sales contracts
- Ability to perform business development activities.
- Background in selling to large companies.
- Participate in sales forecasting and planning
- Develop new prospects and interacts with existing customers to increase exposure
- Research various published sources to create contact lists for prospecting purposes and communicate discoveries with management
- Call prospective customers and establish initial qualifications and customer application, prior to involving design engineer
- Update ACT database with all activities (Quotes, calls, notes, etc.)
- Understand ISO system and responsibilities related to it
- Prepare quotes and sales information for customers
- Generate personal connections through phone calls
- Participate in a team process to resolve problems with clients on products and services
- Attend trade shows and assist with set up and tear down as needed
- Develop and deliver sales presentations and close sales in a professional and effective manner
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of industry related or sales experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated ability to plan and accomplish goals
- Experience in navigating Microsoft Office products, CRM databases and AutoCAD
- Travel – Normally 10% to 20% and is variable based on needs but should not exceed 50%. Some travel is international.