Since opening their doors in 1991, rebuilding and manufacturing commercial printing presses has been our client’s bread and butter. Over the last 27 years, they've evolved into one of the world's leading providers of innovative pressroom solutions. Our client specializes in being a one-stop shop for parts, equipment, and service solutions to the printing and packaging industries.
With a strong reputation as an industry leader and their ability to provide a broad range of mechanical and electrical services, this company sets itself apart from the competition! They have grown their team to over 100 employees and are looking to add a skilled Automation Controls Engineer. Join their team and not only will you be a member of a world class organization, but you'll also receive the following perks and responsibilities!
Why work here:
Controls Engineer Summary
- Work/life balance with early shifts (6AM-2 PM OR 7 - 3:30 PM)
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental, vision, and 401K w/match guaranteed
- Various voluntary benefits and perks
- Professional development
- Tuition reimbursement
We are seeking an Automation Controls Engineer to provide electrical/controls support for production processes. This position will be heavily involved in the Process and Controls Engineering of electrical controls applications. This person will work with the engineering team for design improvements to streamline production and reduce production costs.
Controls Engineer Roles and Responsibilities
Controls Engineer Qualifications
- Design, upgrade, and troubleshoot new and existing PLC control systems based on company guidelines and/or customer needs
- Design/upgrade new and existing HMI applications based on company guidelines and/or customer needs
- Create and follow design specifications
- Create, update, and interpret electrical schematics
- Perform field commissioning based on project requirements
Controls Engineer Helpful Experience (not required)
- Minimum 3 years' experience in Controls Engineering role or Controls Integrator experience. Integrator experience strongly preferred
- Allen-Bradley: ControlLogix/CompactLogix, PlantPAx, PLC 5, MicroLogix, SLC 500, RSLogix, Studio 5000, Studio Designer, FactoryTalk SE/ME
- Travel Required - 20% MAX
- Siemens, TIA Portal v12-v14, Step 7, S7 (1500, 1200, 400, 300), WinCC Flex
- Drives: Kinetic Servos, PowerFlex, Siemens: G120, S120, V90, MicroMaster