Controls Engineer for a small, stable system integrator that will emphasize your growth and independence. In this position you will be responsible for initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing of industrial automation projects: including PLCs, HMIs and instrumentation. If you have controls knowledge and are looking to learn project management skills, this is the position for you.
This company is perfect for someone who is looking to have a home and family life. The company has a very positive atmosphere and want to help grow their team member’s careers by promoting from within when they can. They are seeking an individual who is excited about accepting new challenges and learning new tools and processes. The perfect candidate should be able to adapt quickly and hit the ground running with a can-do attitude to participate in this collaborative and casual business environment.
You will run your own automation projects. This will include initiating, planning, executing, along with management of resources. You will work directly with the COO to assure projects are completed on time, within budget, and meet the customer specified requirements. You will work as a Controls Engineer but also get the opportunity to work on resource management, project scheduling and project control along with training of technicians.
Why work here?
- Family oriented
- Flexible schedule
- Small-collaborative team
- Focus on independence rather than micromanagement
- Stable Company that has been around for 30 years
- AS Degree in Engineering or higher
- Industrial Automation experience
- PLC programming and SCADA development experience
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- AutoCAD knowledge
- Must be willing to travel regionally 30% of the time
- Design detailed electronic AutoCAD plans and/or scale drawings for complex projects from sketches and specifications.
- Interpret electronic layouts, detailed scale drawings, and schematics provided by customers, consultants, and/or departmental contacts
- PLC programming experience such as Allen-Bradley RSLogix 500
- HMI programming experience
- Responsible for maintaining customer relationships and communication
- Responsible for resource management, project scheduling and project control
- Lead team members
- Leads projects and personnel on industrial applications