Our client is seeking a Senior Motion Controls Engineer to add to their team in Greenville, SC. They’re a packaging automation and solutions manufacturer. This position requires up to 35% travel. Relocation assistance is available.
The ideal candidate for this role with be skilled at programming from scratch, commissioning, and startup of motion-based PLC automation systems. The candidate will also have a strong knowledge of motion control theory and at least five years’ experience. Must have a background in material handling system and experience with Allen Bradley is required!
- The development and design of the control scheme for new machines utilizing PLC development software
- Debug and troubleshoot the software and other related machinery during the initial start-up of the equipment
- Accompany the equipment to the customer locations to facilitate the start-up and provide support as needed
- Interact with customers and co-workers at multiple levels of authority.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or 10 years related experience
- Motion Controls knowledge
- Material Handlings systems expertise
- Experience programming with Allen Bradley RSLogix and PanelView HMI
- Microsoft Office Suits
- Write documentation and schematics for completed assemblies
- Test, modify, debug and validate systems
- Train field service and customer how to operate systems at customer site
- Ability to read blueprint/schematics
- Additional experience in Siemens or programming languages is a plus.