Grow your career working for a multi-national manufacturer of automated equipment in the food industry. Company is growing and adding to their customer support division. Currently seeking an Automation Field Service Technician to service clients in the Winnipeg area and other areas. Travel is possibly up to 2-3 weeks away at a time.
Why would I want to work here?
Growing and stable company
Ability to make good money
Expenses paid, overtime paid, per diem
Company is a world leader in their niche
Innovative front line technology
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Candidates need to be a citizen of Canada and hold a Canadian Passport. Will need to be able to cross over into the US as needed to work with customers there.
Ideal Candidate profile:
- Install new or modified automation solutions at customer facilities and ensure full functionality according to specifications.
- Perform all electrical, electronic and process tuning and setup.
- Analyze, evaluate, and diagnose equipment problems independently.
- Conduct customer-training sessions on utilization and basic operation
- Prepare and submit applicable field service documentation.
- Perform on-call, standby duty and travel as needed.
- 2 year technical degree in electrical, electronic, mechanical, or industrial engineering is required
- Experience in electronic system troubleshooting.
- Experience in field service and customer support.
- Must have experience with 3 phase motors
- PLC experience, modifying and troubleshooting is required
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude
- Must be familiar with AC/DC currents
- Must have experience with automated equipment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and flexibility to travel as required to domestic and international sites sometimes for 2+ weeks at a time, will need to be able and willing to travel on some weekends, average of 2 weekends a month
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, internal and external associates, and management.
- Candidates must live within 50 miles of the Winnipeg airport to be considered for the position.