Your opportunity to join an Industrial Automation and Controls Systems Integration Firm that services municipal and industrial clients throughout the Pacific Northwest. As a Controls Engineer you will develop detailed controls and solutions for industrial, municipal and commercial client’s operation automated process facilities primarily in the Pacific Northwest. This position will be based at their Medford, OR office.
Why work here?
- Established successful company for over 25 years, and it’s fun
- Ability to work independently without micromanagement
- Small company with a reliable customer base.
- Encourage out of the box thinking for new ideas, both related and unrelated to SI
- Registered Systems Integrator for both Allen-Bradley/Rockwell Automation and Wonderware
- Active members of CSIA (Control Systems Integration Association) that partners with other members to tackle huge projects.
- Excellent compensation: base + discretionary bonus + % of comp. contributed to your 401K
- Great personal time off benefits!!
- 100% company paid family medical insurance coverage
Responsibilities of Controls Engineer:
- Must be able independent thinker and self-motivated able to work without constant supervision yet also able to be a team member / leader.
- Define project requirements and perform system analysis for developing a scope of work
- Accurately estimate the time and costs required to complete a design-build or time and materials project
- Design P&ID for complete systems and develop I-O and instrument lists from P&ID
- Submittals including ACAD Electrical
- Perform failure mode analysis and design a system with all required trips/instrument failure tolerance
- Manage and execute complete system start-up, coordinate schedule and execution with client and subcontractors
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet schedules
- Be available to support unplanned service requests after hours or out of town
- Programming Allen Bradley PLC using Studio 5000 for CompactLogix and ControlLogix
- Programming Operator Interface applications using Wonderware InTouch and Allen Bradley RSView, PanelView and FactoryTalk View
- Data Historian application development using Wonderware Historian and Active Factory
- Control system Ethernet network design and integration
- Engineering Degree
- Control Panel design and wiring schematics
- Great customer service
- Project Scope development
- Proposal development
- Instrumentation specification and troubleshooting
- Variable frequency drive configuration and start-up
- Field service engineering
- SCADA Telemetry System design and integration
- Water and Waste Water Treatment Plant process controls
Flexibility for travel up to 30% at times for installations and startup is required.