Working for a Fortune 500 Oil & Gas global leader you will be a part of enhancing the performance of the world’s energy industry. With near 50 offices worldwide, this company has been in business for over 100 years and continues to prosper. As a Technical Sales Engineer you will support the sales staff and be part of tackling some of the most complex technical and engineering challenges in the world, by designing safe and sustainable solutions specifically in fracking technologies.
Summary of role:
As the Technical Sales Engineer for a controls and automation system, it is expected that you understand electrical, mechanical and chemical processes with a special focus on supporting internal sales and product groups. Your role will be a blending of business development and traditional engineering. You will work with the internal software development and engineering teams as well to drive business and product improvements forward.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Technical representation in engineering meetings, sales calls, account management, engineering within projects and upper level support.
- Through supporting the sales staff and communicating with the customer you will have direct involvement in delivering engineering projects.
- Advising customers on how best to use the products or services provided.
- Use technical skills to demonstrate to potential customers the usefulness of the product or service and how it may suit the customer better than competing products
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales support
- Writing reports and sales literature
- Provide product education and advice
- Act as the customer for software development projects
- Act as Account Manager for selected customers
- Execute engineering projects
- Establish project schedules, lead project and interface meetings