Controls Engineer with DCS
application experience needed in the Houston area for a Distributed Control Systems (DCS) Equipment and Services provider to the Process Industries.
Why work here?:
- ESOP company so earn shares and have ownership in the company!
- Room for growth in this privately-owned company!
- Established business in the region for over 65 years!
- Excellent benefits package - Low-premium health insurance, dental, vision, disability, life
- 401k matching - 4% right off the bat!
- NO OVERNIGHT TRAVEL!! Work with clients within a 2 hour radius of office
- Participates in designing, configuring, testing, debugging and documenting user applications in various software products
- Provides assistance and routine consultation to users in the use of various software products
- Applies generally accepted programming standards and techniques to assure efficient program logic and data manipulation
- Plans and executes software version upgrade releases and custom interfaces
- Analyzes the performance of hardware and software interfaces and identifies alternatives for optimizing the usage of computer resources
- Acts as liaison with manufacturers and vendors of software and application products, especially with regard to problem diagnosis and resolution
- Recommends selection, approval and acquisition of hardware, software, networking components and services
- Diagnoses and resolves system problems
- 4 Year degree, Engineering/Technical curriculum or university program certificate, or 2-4 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience such as Chemical, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineering or Computer Programming.
- 4 – 8 years’ experience in a computer systems background. Related experience includes spreadsheet manipulation or database manipulation and macro development. Additional experience required with any DCS systems such as Operator Display implementation, I/O database implementation and control strategy implementation.
- Experience in the Oil and Gas, Chemical, Petrochemical or other industries that use DCS